The Genome Sequence Archive (GSA) is a data repository for genome, transcriptome and other omics primitive sequencing data. It archives raw sequence data produced from a wide variety of sequencing platforms. In addition to raw sequencing data, GSA also accommodates secondary analyzed files in acceptable formats (like BAM, VCF).
GSA is one of database resources in BIG Data Center (BIGD), part of Beijing Institute of Genomics (BIG), Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), serving as a primary archive of genome sequencing data for worldwide institutions and laboratories.
Compatible with standards and structures adopted in extant archives in International Nucleotide Sequence Database Collaboration, GSA covers the spectrum of raw sequencing reads, accepts the submissions from all over the world, archives sequencing data and metadata and makes these data publicly available to worldwide scientific communities.
1Register BioProject BioProject is an overall description of a single research initiative; a project will typically relate to multiple samples.
2Register BioSample BioSample is a description of the biological source material; each physically unique specimen should be registered as a single BioSample with a unique set of attributes.
3Register Experiment Experiment describes the detailed treatment for each BioSample. Each sample may have one or more experiments, but each experiment should belong to one sample.
4Register Run Run describes the technical batch related files that belong to a specific Experiment. Each Run may have multiple files.
How to Cite
When you have successfully submitted data to GSA, please consider to use the following words to describe data deposition in your manuscript.
The raw sequence data reported in this paper have been deposited in the Genome Sequence Archive (Genomics, Proteomics & Bioinformatics 2017) in BIG Data Center (Nucleic Acids Res 2017), Beijing Institute of Genomics (BIG), Chinese Academy of Sciences, under accession numbers PRJCAxxxxxx, PRJCAyyyyyy that are publicly accessible at http://bigd.big.ac.cn/gsa.
Please cite the following required publications.
GSA: Genome Sequence Archive. Genomics, Proteomics & Bioinformatics 2017, doi:10.1016/j.gpb.2017.01.001, in press.
The BIG Data Center: from deposition to integration to translation. Nucleic Acids Res 2017, 45(D1): D18-D24. [PMID=27899658]
- Data deposited to GSA has been reported by a paper published in Mol Biol Evol. (2017-02-17)
- Data deposited to GSA has been reported by a paper published in Genome Research. (2016-10-21)
- Data deposited to GSA has been reported by a paper published in AJHG. (2016-09-03)
- Data deposited to GSA has been reported by a paper published in Current Biology. (2016-08-20)
- Data deposited to GSA has been reported by a paper published in Stem Cell Reports. (2016-07-14)
- Data deposited to GSA has been reported by a paper published in Journal of Cell Science. (2016-05-17)
- GSA (release 1.1) is now available with bug fixes and updates. (2016-01-22)
- Data deposited to GSA has been reported by a paper published in Cell Research. (2015-12-24)
- Data deposited to GSA has been reported by a paper published in PNAS. (2015-11-10)
|RNA-seq analysis of flower related genes Rosa chinensis during...|
|Lactobacillus plantarum HNU082|
|These research aims to study the influence of bowl cleasing...|
|we report a genome disorganization study from two patients...|
|The recent studies suggest that antisense transcripts play...|
|PAR-CLIP sequencing for YTHDF1 and YTHDF3 in human HeLa cells|